For P3 we need to look at the FACTORS and FEATURES that determine the APPEAL of TWO leisure destinations in Europe for the different visitor types. Not countries TWO resorts.
P3 Select two destinations need to be from two different types of resorts e.g. beach, winter sports, countryside or cities.
You need to explain what type of visitor would be attracted to this resort and use the list of features and factors below to demonstrate how the destination will appeal to that visitor type. The types of visitors you need to consider for each of the two resorts include:
- Solo travellers
- Couples - be they teenagers, young professionals, empty nesters or retired
- Families with young children and or teenage children
- Groups by age, event, shared interest.
M2 Demonstrate how the factors and features below would appeal to TWO of the selected types of visitors from the list above:
- Climate - how many hours of sunshine, mm of rainfall, snow does this location get and are the seasons very different and how? You should also comment of the temperature all year around if that relevant i.e. don't go there in monsoon season or no snow for skinning in the spring
- Natural and built attractions - include any beaches, mountains, forests, lakes, conservation areas as well as any leisure parks, museums, art galleries, historic buildings, nightlife and any shopping malls
- Cultural should include any signature food and drink specialities, different religious behavioural considerations for visitors and any cultural events that occur annually
- Accessibility should focus on transport options form the UK market by air, sea, rail and road. indicated how long the journey and transfer time would take.
- Economic should discuss any low cost travel options, the impact of exchange rates, the cost of staying in the destination and the perceived value for money
A wee PowerPoint is here if you still need some more self help!
Good luck and remember you are all aiming for a DISTINCTION this year
Deadline Wednesday 3rd October 2018