you will be pleased to know that this is your fourth and final unit.
Unit 8 is all about recruitment and selection and we will start with P3 which requires you to produce an appropriate and detailed job description and person specification for a specific job role.
To do this can I suggest that you:
- Choose a job that you would like to apply for - you decide but link it to your career
- Describe what a job description is - use text book or on-line definition
- Describe what a person specification is - Use text book or on-line definition
- Then create a job description and person specification for the dream job that you would like to apply for. Use the prospect link below to do this!
- Draw an outline of a recruitment and selection process that you would have to comply to should you actually apply for a job this term - see GCSE core text or Mr T quick sheet!
The following links may help you find a job easier:
For M2 you need to make sure that your job description and person specification is super detailed and realistic and justify why these documents will encourage effective recruitment.
For M3 you need to justify how your current knowledge and skills meet those required in a given person specification and job description. In other words have you got the skills and knowledge that the employer is looking for NOW if so demonstrate how or if you have not what can you do about getting these skills and this knowledge e.g. more work experience, more training, more courses, part time job watching others, you tube clips, online tutorials and courses, job shadowing etc
D2 requires you to analyse gaps in knowledge and skills that might require further training or development to match the requirements of a given person specification and job description
What will you achieve this week?
Good luck and enjoy