You now need to pick FOUR job roles from the functional areas in P1. One from a Service sector business e.g. EASISTORE and one from a manufacturing business e.g. Jacques Outdoor Games both local companies in Edenbridge
they could be:
- Managing Director
- Production Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Accounts Manager
- Sales Manager
- HR Manager
- Team Leader / Supervisor
- Sales Person
You need to compare two job roles and responsibilities from two functional areas from two functional areas in two contrasting businesses. These can be the same as those used in P1.
E.g. a Team leader in a small supermarket with a functional structure may perform a very different role from a Team Leader in a large manufacturing organisation with a MATRIX or flat structure.
Remember although businesses may have different organisational structures, individual job titles may be similar, but the responsibilities of the job roles may be very different so I suggest you choose at least one small business with a simple organisational structure to make comparisons easier with a larger business having a different more complex structure i.e. Oxted School. This should make it easy to achieve.
You need to use your evidence from P1, P2 and M1 and and ANALYSE the IMPACT of Organisational structures on job roles and functional areas in a SELECTED BUSINESS using appropriate examples from your research;
- How does the organisational structure allow the business to achieve its aims and objectives?
- How do the functional areas support each other to achieve the aims and objectives?
- How does the organisational structure allow for improved communication?
- Does the organisational structure increase motivation?
- How do the job roles make the people specifically responsible for each task?
- Do the organisational structure, functional areas and job roles collectively and individually improve sales, reduce costs and improve profits?
Good luck and enjoy
Post a Comment