P6 – Explain the social impact of the use of IT on individuals, communities and society
deadline 11th September 2013
· Front page
· What are the social impacts of the use of IT on INDIVIDUALS, COMMUNITIES, SOCIETIES, globalisation
- · What are the impacts on the local communities with regard to economic development
- · What are the employment opportunities that the new IT infrastructure will support?
- · How will this impact on working practices?
- · How can this be sustained?
- · How will IT impact on legal, ownership, plagiarism and copy right issues?
- · How will this impact on privacy of information?
- · What is unequal access?
- · What implications will unequal access create on a local, national and global scale
- · Have you talked about Abuse of IT?
- · What threats does IT create i.e. cyber bullying, spam, phishing, denial of service from attacks
- What do you plan to include
- What benefits has technology and IT created as well as more free time?
- What fresh challenges have come from this?
- Do the benefits outweigh the disadvantages & why?deadline 11th September 2013
M2 – Discuss the potential threats which the use of IT has introduced
To pass M2 learners must show an awareness of the severity of particular threats, and briefly discuss possible solutions to issues introduced by IT.