In the news you will find the report 'Internet Shopping' an OFT (Office of Fair Trading) market study' here In the summary of the report there are four bullet points that outline some of the problems of online trade.
STARTER - Suggest possible solutions for each of the above
Different channels of distribution Place is not just the place that you can buy the product but HOW the product is DELIVERED to the consumer. Different distribution channels are used depending on the product (does it need to get there quickly or safely etc) and the market (size and location) Traditional LONG CHAIN DISTRIBUTION passes from the manufacturer through the WHOLESALER to RETAIL OUTLETS. Each link is called an INTERMEDIARY. A business can either PUSH products out to intermediaries or rely on consumer demand pulling the product through the distribution channel. To PUSH products businesses can offer incentives. Pull strategies involve using promotion to increase consumer demand
Why customers choose Consumers choose their preffered outlet due to different factors:
- value added
Web-based activity - official charts v download charts - Whats the difference
Quick Quiz 10 Marketing Mix - Place
- Outline the TWO parts to PLACE in the marketing mix
- What are the most popular online purchases?
- Outline the STAGES in LONG-CHAIN DISTRIBUTION.
- What is the shortest possible chain of distribution?
- Name three traditional PLACES for retail transactions.
- What is meant by 'logistics'?
- Suggest three ways in which products can be sold directly.
- Suggest two areas where a retailer could add value for a consumer.
- Suggest two ways by which a retailer can make the act of purchasing more convenient.
- Give the two factors that affect the profit margins of a business.
its all about the place
Nine mark question
I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. internet marketing search engineReplyDelete