Good morning year 9
This weeks Hot News Biz Quiz can be found here
heres a little exercise to keep you busy for the rest of the week and will see you complete the final PASS task for Unit 3.
You can read up on 'cashfow forecasting' on pages 83 - 91 in the core text.
I've also attached a powerpoint presentation here.
- The data for task P6 can be found here and
- the excel spreadsheet template to complete and load the data into from above can be downloaded here.
You need to complete and submit a cashflow forecast each with a front page for P6.
For those who wish to attempt the MERIT task see section B of the data sheet above.
- Cash flow forecasts allow a business to control the flows of cash
- Cash flows in and out of the business both when it starts up and when its operating
- Cash flow problems are one of the main causes of a business failure
- Businesses can help cash flow by increasing or spreading revenue.
- Businesses can help cash flow by decreasing or spreading costs.
- Cash flow forecasts are a powerful management tool.
- By identifying the months that have a negative net cash flow early can allow a business time to arrange additional sources of finance well in advance of it being required i.e. short term loans such as overdrafts etc or delay spending on capital items such as equipment !
Visit business studies on line by clicking here to get to be an expert at the topic !
and click on unit 3 section 3
or Bized here if you are interested in the subject and you want to learn more !
For those who are destined for MERITS and DISTINCTIONS overall I have re-attached the assignment for you to complete this work
Good luck and enjoy