Dear Year 13
The wonderful Lucy has come up with a great idea for the evidence creation of P1 for Unit 2.
Why not make a website like the Google Sites exemplar here
Thanks for sharing Lucy your fab.
Areas to research for P1 - so that you pass it first time! and the assignment with deadline dates that we agreed in lesson is here also
- Government departments DCMS fund and co-ordinate government controlled activiites
- Government controlled - Visit Britain and the Department for transport
- Local government controlled - Belfast City Council, Birmingham City Council City of London these organisations are based on visitor numbers and quality rather than financial success and revenue that they generate
- Membership - These organisations are funded from public money, but also raises income through membership subscriptions. Example: English HeritageIn 2008-09 membership of English Heritage stood at 687,000 (972,800 including corporate members)
- Public limited company
- Private limited company - Abercrombie & Kent - The Ulltimate Travel Company Ltd
- Partnership - Exmoor Partnership
- Limited liability partnership -
- Sole proprietor - Hotel Tresanton in Cornwall
- Franchise opportunities
- Membership - British Hospitality Association - The Tourism Society - Institute of Travel and Tourism - Mr & Mrs Smith - Relais and Chateau
Geographical impact - local - regional - national - international - global
All businesses operate in geographical regions.
- a local example would be independent travel agents operating in your town
- a regional example would be a Regional developmen tagency (RDA) or a local economic partnership (LEP) try an find an exapmple of either
- a national example would be a tourist board such as Visit Wales
Importance to UK economy - Heritage Tourism - Visit Britain - Government Report
Inbound - Visit Britain
Outbound - Visit portugal
Domestic tourism - Visit Britain and Visit England
Hope it helps and that your doing as much work as I am !