P6 requires you to produce a realistic personal career development plan for as suitable career and show what you will do over the next five years so for you it will cover:
- The next two years at college or in an apprenticeship at L2 or L3
- The next three years on a L3 or L4 programme be it University or work based learning
The three questions you need to answer to pass this task are:
- Where are you now?
- Where would you like to be in five years time?
- How will you get there?
To help you do this task in a lesson I have created a template that you could actually complete within a lesson click here
- What skills does this job require?
- What qualifications does this job require?
- What experience does this job require you to have?
- Does your plan include measurable targets and time lines / dates?
- What professional qualifications are required for this job role and how long will these take to achieve and where will you study for these?
M5 requires you to produce a realistic personnel career development plan showing independent research and planning. This could include independent research and planning such as:
- On-line search for some person specifications for this job role
- Careers research to see what qualifications this job role requires
- Some research into the appropriate courses and professional qualifications and where these can be achieved, the cost and the time required to achieve them
- Some evidence to show who you have spoken to. What websites you have looked at (print screens) what people you have spoken to e.g. Careers in school, Kudos etc
So add all the websites that you have used in researching your personal career development plan and college courses that you have looked at, people you have spoken to. The following links on the external school website may help you find a job career plan and complete M5 quicker see below
D3 requires you to EVALUATE the suitability of a realistic career development plan using interview performance feedback and your own reflection..
For D3 you really need to be able to reflect on your own performance at the interview you took part in for P5 and using this and the interviewers feedback, evaluate the suitability of their career development plan and update or improve the plan where appropriate
- Do you need longer to develop your plan? How much longer 2w,4w,6w,10w?
- What was the feedback from the interview with Mrs E?
- Are you happy with the feedback from the interview? Why?
- Do you need to take a different route to achieve your career plan, if so what was it? Full time College. Full time work?
- Is there anyone else that can give you feedback, information, advice and guidance on your career plan? Plumbers, Entrepreneurs, Friends and family, teachers etc?
- Are their alternative qualifications that would get you to where you want to be? E.g. C&G, BTEC, Corgi
- Do you think that your career development plan is still suitable for you, If so why/ If not why not?
- If you had to add anything else to your career development plan what would it be e.g. Prices Trust research, Shell Live Wire, Apprenticship.org
- Do you need to take a different route
- Are there alternative qualifications that would get you to where you want to be