We will start off in the shallow end discussing the theory for P1
How many JOB ROLES can you think of that operate in the different business activities of the ONLINE business world?
RESEARCH examples of the different TYPES of ORGANISATIONS that operate in this sector.
Whole class DISCUSSION about the different examples identified drawing on ANY similarities observed.
Q. How does the sector of a business (PRIMARY, SECONDARY or TERTIARY) affect its ONLINE PRESENCE
Types of activity include:
- Business to business (B2B)
- Business to consumer (B2C) - own sites hosted through an intermediary such as eBay shops
- Consumer to consumer (C2C) - eBay, Gumtree or community forums
- Complementing offline activities e.g. order online and collect in store
- Passive presence e.g. brochures
- Interactive presence - providing information in response to enquiries, inviting online transactions
- Interactive customisation - digital image processing
Oxfam here was established back in the 1940's. How has it harnessed the internet to grow its donations to in excess of £240m today.
Change for Life here is a great example of how the government have decided to throw money at advising people what to eat and what not to do in terms of lifestyle choices. Five a day and quit smoking are just two examples of this.
The Soil Association here is another example of how PRIMARY sector industry is keen not to be left out of the online presence.
The Red Tractor kite mark here is a food standards agency initiative that identifies quality in production in the farming sector.
BMW Mini here launch their latest Mini John Cooper Works Hatch in the manufacturing sector.
Amazon have built their entire business model on creating a marketplace for buyers and sellers to come together and trade see here
That should be enough for the second lesson to start preparing ourselves for this final double unit.
Homework - watch documentary here and work on your assignment one