Click here to see what its all about! and the assignment is here
· Include a definition of retailing
· Types of stores – online and physical stores
· Competitive edge of click and brick businesses
· What are emerging store types – shopping villages, Factory shops, teleshopping, winter markets (pop up seasonal huts biggest Christmas market currently in Manchester)
· What is the future for the hybrid store i.e. coffee shops in bookshops, costa in tesco’s)
· Classification of retailers – food stores, non food stores, textile, household goods, specialist stores
· How does location impact on size and type of store – local, out of town retail parks, regional centres (rent and cost of land)
· Explain the different ownership types – independent, multiples, voluntary chain, franchised retailers
· What is the size and structure of the retail industry – size, trends in sales, profitability, store sizes.
What does the term third places refer – lots of facts and figures here.
· Do you discuss the employment characteristics of the retail sector i.e. percentage of part time and full time jobs available, total number of employees, gross weekly earnings
· Did you include industry specific facts and figures to illustrate your points made i.e. graphs, tables.
· Did you discuss current trends in the sector. What are those businesses that are growing doing well.
· Did you consider real business examples and success stories from the sector.
How will you classify this retail business here
Further web resources
Post a Comment